Monday, September 24, 2012

Sitges

       This little town is about 45 minutes outside of Barcelona. It is one of the hidden jewels that tourists don't know about; a lot of Catalan people come here when they want to spend a day in the sun. There are gorgeous beaches and lot of local color. I've been twice so far; once with my program and once with my friends to relax. It actually reminds me a lot of Venice, with tiny, colorful alleyways, plentiful flower boxes, and few cars once you get away from the main road. It is also great place to go shopping and find good food; I found delicious chocolate truffle ice cream at a little shop along one of the small streets. You can really get a taste for the quieter side of Spanish life while walking around Sitges.







1 comment:

  1. Wow. Very quaint. Looks like a really neat mixture of new and old.

    Your photos are good. I like seeing where you've been!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete