Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Post About Italian Food

My first gelato in Florence! Doesn't it look glorious?
The best ravioli I have ever tasted at a restaurant a few blocks from our hostel, called Il Portale.
This dessert was so cool. They brought it to you and then set it on fire, and when the flames went out it reminded me of a thicker, more caramel-flavored version of creme brulee. 
Saturday morning breakfast. This croissant had chocolate pudding in it. I didn't drink the latte; that was my friend Esther's. But I thought it was so cute and little I needed to take a picture.
Our Tuscan style lunch. We tried wine made right there at the winery (my favorite was Don Tomasso, the expensive one to the right) and had pasta, salad and something made with barley.
This spaghetti was also amazing, eaten a few blocks from the (fake) statue of David. The real one was inside a museum and you had to pay to see...we were satisfied with the pretend him.
Basically a donut. Chocolate filled, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment