Thursday, September 20, 2012

A seagull just walked on the roof outside my window

On that note, it is worth mentioning that this past weekend I went swimming in the Mediterranean for the first time! It was the perfect temperature and the current wasn't that bad, although it did get deep pretty fast. So warm compared to the Atlantic Ocean!
Although I do miss New England. I have to say, this warm weather here is killing me, especially when I have to descend into the hell fire that is the metros.  I am keeping my room at about 60 degrees (thank goodness for the AC) and at night I happily sleep with two blankets. One of my friends here doing a home stay is also from New England, and last week it was supposed to be 62 degrees one night. Her host mom asked if she wanted an extra comforter.
I guess I really am on the other side of the world.

1 comment: