Thursday, October 4, 2012

Moonrise Kingdom

This is a short blog post I am simply making to mark the event: I went to my first movie in Spain!
Sadly, it was not in Spanish. There were Spanish subtitles, which were nice because I read them and actually learned a few things. Yay!
We went to the movie at 12:20 AM and almost couldn't find the theater. Guess who asked for directions? Oh, that's right, me. Automatic translator when I am with my friends.
Melissa, if you are reading this, take notes: if you let any of your American friends know you speak decent Spanish (yes, you do, stop saying you don't), be prepared to be forced to ask random people on the street questions at least once every time you go out.

Anyways, I will not bore you all with a synopsis of the movie, as it is an American indie film. I liked it, but you definitely need a weird, quirky sense of humor.
Is it possible to mention indie without using the word quirky? Oh, I should probably mention Zooey Deschanel while I'm at it. 

Anyways, sarcasm aside, this was a really cool experience, mainly because my 3 friends and I were the only people in the theater!!! We each had our own row. Talk about awesome.

1 comment: