Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I love living in Europe because

I get to do things like wake up in the morning, get on a plane, and fly somewhere amazing for the weekend. On a regular basis.
Last weekend, the Pyrenees mountains.
Tomorrow, Sevilla.
Saturday, Granada.
In two weeks, Switzerland.

It is so cool living in a place where having the travel bug isn't an itch that makes you restless; it makes you active. But the thing about the travel bug is, once you have it, you will never be cured.  Every place you go opens up your mind a little bit more, and your vision expands to want to fit the entire horizon, not only of the city you are standing in but of the one beyond as well. Each city I have explored here has just made me want to visit another one, to repeat that experience of discovering something new over and over again.
That is the magic of Europe, I think.
Riding on that high of leaving with nothing but a backpack and a camera and a passport, and coming back with something new, souvenir or not.
I come back to Barcelona a little bit different every time I leave.
What will change me this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Really, really glad you have discovered the wonder of travel! And, that you have this opportunity.

    Backpack, camera, and passport ... what a neat way to live for awhile.

    May you always enjoy such things.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex,

    I just rediscovered your blog. It's making me nostalgic! Were we really living life that fast? Time seemed to move so slowly in Europe.

    Miss you.

    -Amber

    ReplyDelete