Thursday, November 8, 2012

For the Sake of Comparison

You guys may be wondering how the ol' cooking for myself thing is going. It's going fine, actually. I eat a lot of the same stuff but who cares. I am surviving and each week learning a little more about the mercadona I shop at. I thought it might be fun to do a post about some things that we have back home, so you can see what they look like here in Spain!


Copos: Flakes! More accurately, cereal. Just like Special K. They do, in fact, have Special K here, but it was is way more expensive. I'm pretty sure the one I buy is the store brand.
Patatas fritas: Potato chips! Need I say more? 
Muesli: No idea what this means. They are granola bars that I discovered and have been a lifesaver for trips/long days of class/when I am in a hurry. Constantly in my purse! 
Ketchup: I still get amused by things that say "American Style" on them. 
Milka: Not positive on this, but I think you can get this brand of chocolate in the States. If so, I will be hunting it down. This photo is actually just a wrapper cleverly placed to look full (thanks for that talent, Mom!). I don't know what could possibly have happened to the actual chocolate...


I bought these a few weeks ago at a Tabacs store, which is a random drugstore you see on every corner here. We headed there before the movies one Friday afternoon. I also bought a Snickers, as you can see. The Snickers tasted normal. These Skittles tasted as weird as the package looks! No one does processed sugar like in the States.

1 comment:

  1. That was interesting and fun to read!

    Glad we can pass along our American eating styles abroad!

    Am pretty sure "Milka" can be found here. We shall look! The empty package can only mean good things!

    ReplyDelete